Health Spending Account
You can use your Health Spending Account (HSA) to pay for medical expenses not covered under your basic health and dental plans. The yearly entitlement is $1000 and the HSA claim year runs from July 1 to June 30. You can access your entire yearly allocation anytime after July 1 and claims must be submitted by September 30 each year. Unused balances will carry forward for one year only, so it is important to use your full HSA entitlement.
For details and to see your HSA balance, visit the Medavie Blue Cross website.
Even if you don't have extra health and dental expenses, you likely pay more than $100 a month for your plan premiums, and these can be claimed through your HSA. To verify the amount you have paid, check Dal Online. Follow the steps below (For questions concerning Dal Online, visit Dal Online Help Centre).
- Go to Dal online and log in.
- From the tabs across the top, choose "Employees" - DO NOT go to the "Employee Dashboard".
- Click on the "Benefits and Deductions".
- Click on “Health and Dental Insurance”.
- Click on “Contributions or Deductions”. You will be able to access your health deductions and enter the dates of the time period you wish to review. This will take you to a page with your name and a list of your deductions for the period you have entered. Blue Cross accepts this printout as proof of payment. The printout must include your name.
- Once you have your proof of payment, complete the claim form available here and submit the completed claim form to Blue Cross:
- by mail
- at a QuickPay Office for immediate reimbursement. Call 1-800-667-4511 for locations/hours of Blue Cross QuickPay Centres.
- via a mobile app. Details available at https://www.medaviebc.ca/en/members/medavie-mobile